Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

the yo's and wo's, highs and lows

Here is another display of my champion list-making skills:

wo's (first, to end on a happy note!)
  • Journalism 460. I knew I shouldn't have taken it. I knew I am sick of news. I think the fact that I am one of 2 sports reporters, and I have next to no interest in sports, makes me even more apathetic about the whole thing.
  • the fact that job searching is now a fairly constant worry in my mind. I think it is a stability/security thing.
  • I am spending Valentines Day at a swim meet. Meh.
  • The recurring error message on my computer. I am almost afraid to take it to get checked out, in fear of being without it for a long time. And having to re-do everything, which is slightly inconvenient.
  • My inability to say no. I hate the thought of disappointing people. I should attend a support group. "Hi I'm Melissa and I am an overcommiter."
  • Staying on top of my laundry pile. I have about 5 T-shirts I love to wear a lot: AFB. a blue UT Medical Center one, Stanford, Canada and Piggly Wiggly. When they are all dirty at the same time its a sad day.
yo's
  • island music that makes me happy and feel like I'm somewhere hot
  • my practicum at SACE. I am starting to work on a lightbulb switch project!
  • being paid for my glorified slave work at TVC
  • the warm weather today that allowed me to wear flip flops and not freeze my toes
  • being excited for Franti soon!
  • maybe hearing my email read on Diggnation this week?!? Maybe? Hope so!
  • reading Fast Food Nation. Although some parts about hamburgers probably should be considered a wo...
  • a month of school is already over!

Wisdom for February 8:
"Everything is life"
-Malawian proverb