Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

happy things

1. I understand that some people have an aversion to all things Christmas before Thanksgiving (Halloween?). I am not one of them. The month of December FLIES by and so does the day itself, so why limit it to one month? I was not feeling particulary chipper the other day after work, so I dropped by my neighborhood Hobby Lobby, did a lap through the Christmas section and BOOM ROASTED! Instant good mood. I might have bought some plaid ribbon, too.

The Priode family is also pretty well-stocked on Christmas cds, ranging from the Partidge family, Vince Guaraldi, the classic Mannheim Steamroller and my personal favorites: Appalachian Instrumentals and Christmas with the Rat Pack. I think we probably have around 30 cds which is way too much for just December.

Christmas is in 68 days. I can't wait to start making decorations and hopefully make some of these.


2. The Sufjan Stevens and Mumford and Sons concerts are right around the corner! They are within a 3-day span of each other, which is safe to say will be the hippest and whitest 3 days of my life.  If you have not heard of either of these, LEARN NOW...and listen to Little Lion Man. ASAP. Really loud.

3. Tonight I am attempting to make the most delicous looking pumpkin swirl brownies I think I have ever seen. Pretty happy that the weather is cooling down. Why? Because that means I can wear layers to conceal the fact that I will probably eat the entire batch tonight.

4. Still loving Crazylove. Please read it.

5. November 19. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1!!