Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

rock me mama like a wagon wheel

I got home yesterday from an alternative spring break trip to Cincinnati, Ohio. It's a great alternative to sitting on a dirty beach in Florida and pretending I'm not freeeeezing.

I went on one of these trips over fall break to Roanoke, Virginia too, but this one was a smaller group, which made it easier to get to know people.

I knew 3 out of 24 people when we left on Friday, which I love because I didn't feel tied to one particular person. You really bond with people when you have been raking leaves for hours and hours or ripping dead trees out of the ground. At the end of the day it's a great feeling to be able to see the fruit of our labor and know that we have helped somebody out.

We had a great time outside of working too, playing hearts and mafia and sardines...which scares me to death apparently. I also went running with another girl who is also running the Knoxville Half Marathon (March 29th!) There were great conversations about life and goals and college, and I know that I made some great new friends:)

"reason is wealth"
-kenyan proverb