Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

heya where did the time go?

It's March. I'm not complaining about this at ALL because it's that much closer to summer. I'm just stating a fact that this semester is almost over. I mean, it's been over for me mentally...I just have to keep going to class. I'm living weekend to weekend and waiting until I never have to take another exam again.

I'm going on alternative spring break Friday in Cincinnati, Ohio and will return Tuesday. I'm planning on spending the remainder of spring break doing...well, not really sure about that yet. Probably some readying for the upcoming half-marathon. And I am planning on getting a "backup plan" or worst case scenario, as it were, nailed down.

Here's the plan as of 3/10:

Plan A: I get a response from one of the 30-something resumes and cover letters I have sent off in the next 10 days and I get to go for an interview. I will rock the interview and have a job! No worries right?! I will walk in May, take mini term and 1st session summer school and be done! Obviously this is a little far-fetched.

Plan B: I find out next Friday that I am going to Australia on exchange for my final 7 hours! So that means I will be abroad from the middle of July until the end of November. My transcripts may or may not get here in time for me to officially graduate in December, but I will probably walk anyway. Hopefully. Then who knows what, I'll cross that bridge later.

Plan C: I do not go to Australia because it's even more expensive to go without an exchange. I still might walk in May, and I have to take mini and summer school. My apartment is leased until August, and the just yesterday my sister informed me I could temporarily move in with her while I try to get myself employed. So that's an option. There will be no moving back home again.

Plan D: I take summer school blah blah and then when my lease is up I just move. Not sure where, just somewhere in a surrounding state probably, and work somewhere random until I find myself an actual career. I'm thinking I could kill it in a bookstore if it came to it.

Plan E: I shed my pride and everything I have come to know this year and make a demo reel. Yes, me doing news-y things, which also happens to be my concentration. And then I apply at every small market news station in the region. Working in Jackson, TN or Hazard, KY reporting on small town fires and parades is definitely not my cup of tea. Oooohh tea....

Plan F: I live in a van by the river.

Ok, obviously Plan F is completely false. And I would rather die than have to resort to Plan E. I have absolutely no objections to moving out of Tennessee, which has been the easiest thing to decide. I am in dire need of a change of scenery.

It was so fun living on campus as a freshman because even as a resident of Knoxville, I never spent a significant amount of time downtown and in the campus area. It was a whole new environment and I got to find new things about it all the time. Now I know where things are and it's not as fun and new. It's weird to want to be somewhere unfamiliar, I just feel like there are a lot of places I haven't seen that I'd like to.

On the flip side, I had an awesome run today. It felt sooooo great to sweat like crazy!

"If you do not heed the roar of thunder, you will be soaked by rain"
-sierra leonean proverb