Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Everybody ona move

I can check something off my college to-do list! Today I ran the Knoxville Marathon! I ran the Half, which is 13.1 miles and about 4 miles longer than I ever ran until today!

There were so many people and even though it was cold and dark you just just feel the energy standing there at the starting line! Seeing the sun come up was also a major plus!

VERY glad I took the advice to get new insoles for my shoes or else I would be hurting more than I am now. I was gellin' until about mile 10, which was on the Third Creek Greenway. This was also after I stepped in a massive mud puddle and soaked my right foot. At mile 11, we had to start at the bottom of the Strip and run by Children's Hospital into the Fort. This is when I was hurting baaaddddd.

I finished without walking one time! I didn't have a goal finish time in mind since I had never done one before, so the goal was to do it without stopping. I finished in 2 hours and 28 minutes!

As soon as I got into Neyland through the back student gate, I felt a huge rush and I poured absolutley every ounce of energy I had into the last 1oo yards, it was so legit.

Feeling great about it, although my back, hips, knees, ankles and the insteps of both feet are disagreeing with me:)