Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

new!

In light of my roommates all being gone and there being nothing on TV (Talledega Nights or Lord of the Rings, hmmmm......) here I am! And yesterday my sister Bethany pointed out that I needed to update this thing.

So here are some thoughts as of late:

"It is best for us to be like a tall tree." Kenyan proverb
I have an awesome little calendar, a valentine's present, as it were ;) that gives lovely little sayings for each day. This was the proverb for February 23rd. When you first read it it doesn't make a lot of sense. Are we supposed to be green? Bark-y? No! We need to be rooted and strong, healthy and beautiful.

Google reader stresses me out.
It seemed like a good idea, it really did. No more going from page to page. But now when I go to GReader...I see Lifehacker (379) and I just feel lame. There is no way I will get caught up. I may mark them as read and move on with my life...shhhh!

I still want to get a tattoo.
I went through this last semester and I kept talking myself out of it. Now my friend Jessie wants to get one and I am tagging along tommorrow. I may make one of my patented Priode impulse decisions. Stay tuned

I want a real job.
With regular hours and health benefits and a boss and everything everyone hates about a job...I want all that to hate! Okay who my age doesn't. I just thought I would put that out there that I am secretly, sometimes not-so-secretly terrified of graduating and having nothing for me to do. And I am very openly scared of staying in Knoxville. Get me out of here! Ahhhhh!!

I am learning to appreciate silence.
It used to scare the crap out of me, so I would talk and talk mindlessly to fill the silence. Although, I still can't sleep in complete silence because I swear I start hearing things. But it really is comforting to just sit and be quiet and read, or think or whatever.

It really makes me feel shallow to look back on things I used to hold as priority.
For a while, mainly my freshman and sophomore years of college I was really a weird kid. I didn't think so then, but looking back I can't believe how different I am now. I was in a sorority, had a pink and green bedroom and bought shoes and clothes I didn't need, or even wear. I have never been one to learn things the easy way, but I should have been myself the whole time instead of morphing into a pearl-wearing fake. I mean, I don't really even like pink, please!

I am so ready for spring and warm weather
So I can wear flip flops without my feet freezing and not carry a fleece around.

I know it is totally impractical, but I wish my apartment had a fire place.
That is all.