Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

where I am

I hate using the "I'm too busy" excuse. It is SO lame and pretentious. I know how I feel when people use it against me, I know how it sounds and I hate that I am doing that right now.

I'm not gonna lie, I do love being busy...but it really has been a challenge over the past few weeks not to fall back on those three words.
 
I know I have only been in this new role for a few weeks, but I am already reaping so many benefits of this unique community we have formed in the heart of this city. I have been so blessed with new friendships, honest conversation and genuine interest from people in my same stage of life. I have already been learning new things about the way I deal with things and feel like I am more in tune with myself than I have ever been.

But I am also in a constant balancing struggle between my existing responsibility and my new, Fellows-relates ones. I made the hard call not to resume leading my Girl Scout troop this year because I don't feel like I will be able to give the sweet girls the attention they deserve. I love the new aspects of my life, but that makes me sad every time I think about it.

This week we start leading small groups for inner-city kids through Just Lead at the Emerald Youth Foundation. We began classes last week and I am so pleased with how we all mesh in a classroom setting  and how I feel so "heard."

In (literally) other news, my second story in the News Sentinel came out today!

No comments: