Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

insert clever title here

After a month at my job, I think I can finally say I am starting to feel comfortable. The biggest challenge for me has been for me to accept correction as instruction and learning to swallow my pride and ask for help.

But here's how I know I'm in the right place:

I can probably tell you the meaning of almost every acronym-ed club or organization in Knoxville and when they installed their latest officers, I edit signs as I pass them, my desk calendar is stained with newsprint and I have finally mastered the art of spotting extra spaces, misplaced semicolons and pretending to be interested when someone calls with a “story I should investigate"...

A little bit of me still sometimes feels like a random kid in the newsroom. Probably because I crack myself up at my desk thinking about stuff like this. Oh, and sometimes this

4 comments:

Emmajean said...

I JUST DIED. those links killed me and I am dead.

Emmajean said...

Mel, I was inconsolable after watching those two videos. the chewbacca one made me cry laugh for two full loops of the song. I miss you.

Jacquie S said...

Mel. We've never met (Emma's cousin... apparently I'm a huge creeper...) BUT I have to say that "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard" just about killed me.

Thank you.

Melissa said...

NOT a creeper at all! I have heard all about you! That one is a classic for sure. Try getting that out of your head now!