Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wait, I have a...job?

I have successfully completed my first 3 days at the Knoxville News Sentinel!

I owe so much to the current Fellow who spent this time training me and bestowing all her tricks and tips onto me. I literally do not think I can take in any new information for the next 3 days. I'm a little afraid to go to sleep between now and Monday because I think everything I learned will just fall right out of my head. 

I am the staff writer and editorial assistant in the Features department for the School Matters and YourNews sections, which run in print on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I am also sorting through all of the user-submitted stories and photos on the YourNews section of knoxnews.com!

While it has been sufficiently overwhelming to try and remember all this new info, I could not be more excited for this challenge and the opportunity to make so many great connections.

All this to say, if you notice more errors than usual in those particular sections over the next week or 2...I'm behind it. But I'm learning as fast as I can!