Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

captivating.

I don't know why I haven't read this before. Here are some of my favorite truths from this great book...and I've only read the 1st chapter. Stay tuned...

every woman I've ever met feels it [not being good enough]-something deeper than just the sense of failing at what she does. An underlying, gut feeling of failing at who she is. I am not enough, and I am too much at the same time.

We long to be the Beauty of some great story. But the desires set deep in our hearts seem like a luxury, granted only to those women who get their acts together.

We were made to be part of a great adventure. An adventure that is shared. We do not want adventures merely for adventure's sake but for what it requires of us for others. We don't want to be alone in it; we want to be in it with others.

We desire to possess a beauty that is worth pursuing, worth fighting for, a beauty that is core to who we truly are.

Is someone reading my mind? Why does this make so much sense?