Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

we'll take a cup of kindness yet

I'm so so so so ready to end this year and begin 2011 with renewed perspective. I can honestly say this has been the most downright confusing, discouraging and overall frustrating year to date. I would like to leave these things buried in the past...

  • negativity, cynicism, bitterness, anxiety, uncertainty, doubt, pessimism and worry 
  • my guilt over marking All As Read on Google Reader/not finishing to-do lists
  • passive-aggressiveness and not asserting myself
  • rushing while driving
  • death of The Conversation, due to texting, facebooking and twitter-ing.
  • forgetting that exercise+endorphins=happy Melissa
  • too much indoors. Also vitamin D=happy Melissa
  • not making time to read, journal, slow down, I don't know, breathe?
  • not cutting myself some slack. 
  • overuse of the word "awkward"
  • wearing my heart on my sleeve
  • frustration over things/events/people/situations I can't control
  • being late, which often sets the tone for the entire day.
  • being bothered by little things that have no matter. Even though unnecessary abbreviations in texts and emails drive me UP THE WALL
I think that's all for now. Until then, I am surrounding myself with the blessings of  family and Christmas and the happiest time of the year!