Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

trip to the great white north!

If you read my blog at all while I was in Australia, you will remember the names Emma and Ayla. If not, here is an abbreviated version of who these lovely ladies are:

AYLA is from Toronto and we met my very first night in Canberra! We spent many nights watching Weeds and Entourage, many trips to Lighty and Belco mall AND got to take an incredible 3-week backpacking trip up the East Coast.
One of our trips to Sydney! What a beautiful city.
Learning how to surf at Seven Mile Beach! Hang ten!
Ayla and I going to Res Ball at our Uni in Canberra!




EMMA is from Niagara Falls on the Canadian side! We met at the exchange student orientation and over the course of 4 months, discovered that we are the exact same person. Except she is blond and I am not:) We had so many pancake-for-dinner nights, Office and AD quote wars and not to mention our awesome Halloween party!
One of our many eventful trips to Civic!    
our pumpkins on Halloween! We were dressed as Bogans. Definition here.

At the French school's fete!



Why the reminiscing? Because I am GOING TO CANADA to see these 2 awesome girls on SUNDAY! I am spending 3 days in Niagara with Emma and her family, and then she and I are driving to Toronto to visit with Ayla and her friends and family! 

Also in the works is a reunion with 2 other UC alumnae, Bridget and Amanda from New York! We are hoping to meet up with them at the end of the week around the Falls!
Bridget, Amanda, me and Ayla on the gondola ride into Taronga Zoo in Sydney!



Even though we have emailed, Facebook chatted, text messaged, called and Skyped...it seems like it has been way longer than 9 months that I have been away from these girls! I am so beyond excited to see them!