Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

the end is here

Well my grand Australian adventure ends in the morning. Well, its so early in the morning it could still be classified as nighttime.

I am taking a bus from Canberra at 4am to Sydney, where my plane leaves for the US at 11:20. Apparently we might not de-plane in LA because it's only a crew change and re-fuel stop, in which case I will not be a happy camper. From there I will arrive in Atlanta around 3, take off again at 5 and hopefully be home by 6. Whewwww! I'm taking lots of my Drammamine and hope to be asleep (and not airsick) most of the time.

This has been one of the most beneficial things I have ever done in my life. I'm sure over the coming weeks that stories will be spilling out like crazy. I have no idea where to start when people ask me "How was Australia?" other than descriptive adjectives that seem so overused by now. I can't sum up my experience in just a few sentences. I'm sure that I will get my mind wrapped around it sooner or later and will come up with something very eloquent!

I'm excited to see everyone I miss from the States! Although, I wish they could just all join me here instead, haha! Last post from the far side of the world! More from the States!