Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

it's such, it's such a perfect day


What I thought was going to be a boring weekend with all my friends and family out of town has totally turned into something else. My family stayed in town...and so did my roommates!

I had dinner with my parents last night and talked about life and my potential trip to Australia. They are all for me going, basically all that stands in my way is finding out from the university whether or not I CAN go, haha.

The roommates and I watched the Grinch last night, the Jim Carrey version, which I do not like as much as the classic one, which reminds me of my childhood.

Today has been such a great day too. I went to the Market Square farmers market, which I think is one of Knoxville's redeeming qualities. I came home with some cookies, muffins and a pumpkin to make a pie with from my old friend Colleen :-)

The ladies I live with had decided it would be a good idea to take a little trip up to Pigeon Forge and get one of those old timey pictures made to display in our apartment. Borderline risque dresses, fishnets, garters, guns...that was an adventure!

We capped the day by going to a pancake house, which are synonymous with that whole area, and visiting the Incredible Christmas Place! That place is so crazy and at the same time puts you in the best christmas-y mood!

I also did one of my favorite things ever today, which is go to the downtown library. Being there reminds me of going to the library with my mom and sister as a kid and doing the summer reading program and getting so excited about getting stickers for the books we had read.

It's been a great weekend and it's not over yet...I just have to study and write a little paper now.

Oh and the Vols won today, who knew they still had it in them?!?!

No comments: